Even though del.icio.us launched over 4 years ago in 2004 (and got bought by Yahoo), I never really got into the site until now. I guess I never really understood the concept of “portable bookmarks.”
Well that has changed now thanks to blogging and WordPress. You see, WordPress offers a neat little widget where my latest del.icio.us bookmarks appear on the right hand column of this blog. Thanks to this feature, my use of del.icio.us has skyrocketed recently. It’s a way to quickly share articles/posts I find interesting and remind myself of stuff I want to post about later. Here is just a sample of what caught my eye recently:
- EA: When getting it wrong = getting it right
- 10 Promising Web Platforms – ReadWriteWeb
- It’s Time To Upgrade to You 2.0
- Why Brands are Unsuccessful in Twitter
- Is Geek Tech Going Mainstream?