Another crazy week of travels, this time to Cincinnati for house-hunting and some really interesting digital meetings/trainings. In the meantime, here is what caught my eyes the past couple of days:
- CPG Brands Better Buy Paid Search– Yahoo and Mediavest just released a study that said “brands generated an average 160% increase in unaided awareness by being present in standard sponsored-text search results compared with when consumers weren’t exposed to their search ads.” This backs up results released by Google a couple of weeks ago as well.
- Map of Pop vs Soda vs Coke in US – This is one of the coolest graphics I have seen in awhile. As a “pop” guy living in the heart of “Coke” country, this just fascinates me. What can I say, I’m a nerd.
- Techno/Marketer: The Face of Facebook e-book– Matt Dickman of Fleishman-Hillard provides this simple “snapshot of what the real face of Facebook looks like on a Global and US level.” A perfect, quick read for marketers and Brand Managers.
- Web Strategy by Jeremiah: The Evolution of Brands on Twitter– Jeremiah Owyang is consistently one of the most rel event and interesting reads on-line for marketers. He does it again with this easy walk-through of how a brand should wade in the waters of Twitter.
- David Armano: The Micro-Site Isn’t Dead (It’s Just Not Useful) – A must read for every Brand Manager and marketer, especially since this is coming from an agency guy who works for a company designing a lot of micro-sites for brands (including P&G brands).