The best from the blogosphere this week:
- New blog discovery – Decker Marketing: As I was reading Brand Autopsy, I can across two mentions of Decker Marketing including 193 Marketing Ideas and 9 Guerilla Marketing Thoughts. In a short time, I’ve become a big fan of this blog.
- Blogs vs Social Networks: Just caught this through a tweet from David Armano
- The Future of Advertising is Design: P&G puts a huge focus on design but we still have a long way to go to get everyone to embrace it
- Fred Wilson – A Lot Has Changed In A Century, But Not Everything: Communication overload. I know the feeling.
- Social Media Basics for Marketers: Pretty self explanatory but a great read
- Second Life – Don’t Call It A Comeback: Second Life was all the buzz last year and it looks like # of hours spent on the site have been surging the past couple of months.
- MySpace Self-Serve Platform: Interesting comments from Ian at Deep Focus
- Does Your Advertising Agency Get It?: Great discussion and one I am torn on. Traditional agencies are doing their best to learn Social Media but many dont get it. What scares me is so many brands have such absolute trust in their agencies, that they let them try social media even when they shouldn’t. This results in failures and bad social media marketing that turns off consumers. Lets all promise not to do this!
- Seven Types of Highly Effective Corporate Blogs: Love the simplicity on what works (and what doesnt) with corporate blogs.